Become part of our society.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Senior Technician/Assistant Engineer to join our Development Infrastructure team in Glasgow. Please note that we will consider applications from candidates with different levels of experience. In this role you’ll be working within a team environment to support the delivery of civil engineering projects in the development sector.
What does the role involve?
You will provide support to (and lead where appropriate) the design services supporting the development teams.
You will be involved in the production of design and drawing packages for concept, construction, regulatory approvals, tender and detailed designs relating to:
- Road Construction Consents.
- Drainage Technical Approvals.
- Ground modelling.
- Interfacing with development stakeholders (clients, local authorities, Scottish water).
- Development levels, integrating design strands.
You will work in both supervised and unsupervised environments ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and carried out in accordance within agreed timescales and within agreed budgets. (Checking of work of self and others.)
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- Competence using ACAD, PDS or other similar software packages.
- Competence using MicroDrainage software.
- Competence and working knowledge of DMRB, local roads and Scottish Water standards.
- Previous experience working on development schemes.
- Civil infrastructure design experience with good technical knowledge within own expertise area.
- Good organisational skills required to support multiple live projects.
- Knowledge and experience in the specification of construction materials including on-site testing.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
- An ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). Working at Sweco you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
Sweco have accredited training schemes with several professional bodies including ICE and CIWEM as part of our Training Academy and will support you to achieve your qualification and reward you when you have done so.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.