What’s your role in Society?
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Principal Ecologist to join our team in Bristol. In this role you’ll be responsible for supporting the Team Manager by providing the project management, ecological survey, ecological mitigation and reporting capability of the ecology team by providing technical excellence and mentorship.
What does the role involve?
You will provide project direction to ensure technical report quality, health and safety management and budget control as well as managing resources and utilisation. Other activities include:
- Designing, managing and leading ecological surveys and associated mitigation from inception through to completion, analysing and interpreting survey results.
- Undertaking preliminary ecological appraisals including detailed habitat surveys to accurately describe and map habitats and assess their potential to support notable/protected species.
- Prepare protected species licence applications.
- Undertaking detailed surveys for legally protected species in accordance with best practice guidance.
- Acting as job manager for QA purposes.
- Producing a range of ecological reports to a high standard.
- Checking and approving ecology proposals and reports for both technical robustness and branding.
- Consultancy to assist with achieving points relating to land use and ecology for sustainability assessments (e.g. BREEAM).
- Managing enquiries and preparing competitive bids and tenders.
- Liaising with clients, professional advisors, contractors and the general public.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
A degree in Ecology, Environmental or Earth Sciences or a related discipline as well as a level 1 bat survey licence or above and experience of being named on bat mitigation licences. A chartered qualification would be desirable but not essential, however you should have considerable experience in a comparable role with a proven track record in Ecology. You should have technical expertise, be market facing, commercially focussed and a positive role model, along with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.