What’s your role in Society?
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Fire Protection Engineer to join our Fire Engineering team. This role could be based from any of our UK offices.
Working on projects across multiple disciplines you will:
- Develop practical design solutions for exciting, challenging and prestigious projects.
- Use your initiative and experience to develop fire protection design solutions.
- Liaise with project teams to produce coherent and coordinated information.
- Represent Sweco before clients, design teams and contractors.
- Investigate new and emerging technologies and apply practically
- Take responsibility for production of high-quality Revit and AutoCAD work
- Coordinate activities in conjunction with project managers and team leaders
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- Experience in a comparable role in either a consultancy or contractor environment.
- Ability to develop technical design schematics and layout drawings supported by correct application of design standards and engineering calculations as applicable.
- Ability to liaise with clients and architects to develop innovative and integrated fire protection solutions from concept through to detailed design .
- Experience of confidently managing production of design information in both 2D and 3D environments.
- LPCB intermediate design competence examination pass certification.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
Although not essential a working knowledge of the following is desirable:
- BS990:2015, non-automatic fire fighting systems in buildings - CoP.
- BS9251:2014, fire sprinkler systems for domestic and residential occupancies CoP.
- FM Global data sheets.
- NFPA: 13, 14, 20, 22, 24
- Special hazard systems e.g. gas suppression, foam, watermist, water spray.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact GB_Function-HR-Resourcing@sweco.co.uk for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
• The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
• The position title
• Requisition/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.