Become part of our society.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Engineer (Water) to join our Flooding and Water Management Team in Glasgow.
What does the role involve?
The Scotland Water team have an exciting new framework supporting contractor led infrastructure projects. The role will involve you being part of the delivery team, including the undertaking of and checking of the delivery of the design solution and associated outputs for the project.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- HNC/D or Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Working towards IEng or CEng status.
- Several years post qualification experience.
- Knowledge and experience of wastewater infrastructure, or non-infrastructure design, including an understanding of the basics and the integration of multidisciplinary elements including process engineering and MEICA.
- Knowledge and experience of the stages of design throughout the project life cycle.
- Experience in design, contract and preparation, tender assessment and contract administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). Working at Sweco you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
Sweco have accredited training schemes with several professional bodies including CIWEM and ICE as part of our Training Academy.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
• The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
• The position title/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.