Do you have what it takes to transform society?
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Assistant Modeller to join our team. The role will involve the use of hydraulic models (mainly ICM) to assess the operation of existing assets and undertake the outline design of proposed schemes and is a great opportunity for someone who wishes to develop both their engineering and modelling skills.
What does the role involve?
The role supports the delivery of a wide variety of projects within the Flooding and Water Management team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support. Undertaking engineering and hydraulic modelling in areas of infrastructure, flood risk management, surface water management, SUDS and integrated catchment studies.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- A degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Environmental Science.
- An interest in obtaining membership of a professional body such as CIWEM or ICE or be already working towards qualification.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members, contractors and clients. Must be able to produce well-structured reports in clear English.
- A high level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office software, including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent IT skills. Experience of GIS (e.g. ArcGIS or Mapinfo) and/or hydraulic modelling software (e.g. Infoworks ICM or Microdrainage) is desirable.
- Some experience working in the UK Water Industry is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
If I have a disability, can I get help (eg "reasonable adjustments") with the application process?
If you're an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
- The best method for contacting you (phone or email)
- The position title and vacancy number.
Upon receipt of this information, we'll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.