Competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday and pension.
Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? Then Sweco is the place to be. Working, as part of a small team within the Urban Energy business unit reporting to the Energy in Buildings Team Leader, delivering electrical building services and energy design for a wide variety of projects.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Engineer or Senior Engineer to join our team. In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead delivery of the electrical aspects of energy and building services related projects
- Providing regular feedback of progress to the team leader to assist in the management of delivery and ensure that project delivery meets the client’s objectives and requirements
- Ensure tasks are carried out and completed in accordance with the agreed scope of works, timescales and budgets.
- Working within the Sweco Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
- Liaising with team members, clients and other disciplines to work together to deliver project work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required to deliver project requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Design experience of LV switchgear and distribution / control systems, cabling (including (preparation of cable schedules), electrical building services such as lighting, small power, fire detection, IT and security
- Appropriate site experience, ideally supervising installations, acceptance testing and certification
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and Amtech software packages
- Any street / road lighting experience including Lighting Reality software skills would be advantageous
Professional Membership and Qualifications:
- Degree or Masters in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer or working positively towards gaining chartered status with a suitable professional body.
- Keen, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a small team and work with Clients.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
What's in it for you?
An open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to develop and shape tomorrow’s communities by being a trusted consultant to our clients. We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work. Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 17,500 employees in Europe, we offer our clients the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 20. billion (EUR 1.9 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.