Competitive salary and benefits package, including 25 days holiday and pension.
Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? Then Sweco is the place to be.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Senior BIM Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for :
- The creation of 3D models in Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks, including reviewing setup and management of models on all projects
- Guiding team members in best practice for practical implementation of BIM models
- The setup, management and training of users in the use of the BIM360 Common Data Environment
- Ensuring BIM standards and quality of modelled information meets our Clients requirements
- Defining information delivery standards for projects including BIM Execution, Task Information Delivery and Master Information Delivery Plans
- Liaise with Digital Manager to; review BIM Documentation and assist with fee bids; for marketing BIM services and identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM
- Review and advise training needs of the WAM delivery teams
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Working within a team environment under the supervision of senior personnel
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others
- Taking responsibility for the quality of BIM Models and any outputs produced
- Quality Control for BIM production and company BIM standards
- To keep abreast of the latest BIM Standards/software/hardware developments and keep the Digital Manager informed of any relevant changes
- Recognising the importance of delivery timescales
- Taking personal accountability for Health & Safety legislation
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- To work in both supervised and unsupervised environments ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and carried out in accordance within agreed timescales and within agreed budgets
- Report to appropriate team leader on technical issues associated with project work
- To be able to work in close collaboration with team members and other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role
- Co-ordination of activities in conjunction with Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated by Project Engineers/Managers
- To adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Excellent working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Information Management in accordance with ISO19650
- Proficient in Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks and BIM360
- Significant previous experience of the preparation of BIM models including output documentation.
- Experience of federating models and coordination management in a Navisworks environment.
- Ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in plain English
Professional Membership and Qualifications:
- HND or HNC in Civil Engineering (desirable)
- Eng Tech membership of an appropriate professional body (desirable)
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for your personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills, ability to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to adopt new technology/practice
What's in it for you?
An open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to develop and shape tomorrow’s communities by being a trusted consultant to our clients. We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Closing Date: 07/02/2021
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work. Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 16,000 employees in Europe, we offer our clients the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 18.7 billion (EUR 1.8 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.