Become part of our society.
We are currently looking for talented and motivated Designers Site Representative Assistant Supervisors to join our site-based team working on the N5 Ballaghaderreen to Scramoge Road Project on a fixed term contract.
What does the role involve?
You will be responsible for supervising structural and/or roads elements of the project throughout the Design and Construct Period on site liaising with client, contractors and third parties and reporting to the Senior Supervisor. You will be responsible for witnessing and supervising the construction of the works ensuring that the construction is carried out in compliance with the provisions of the construction requirements and the other applicable provisions of the contract.
You will be responsible for resolving technical and commercial issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or relevant professional qualification as recognised by Engineers Ireland.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the supervision of large civil engineering projects including structures and/or roads elements.
- Experience in the roads sector including projects delivered in Ireland.
- An understanding of the TII Specification for Works and TII Publications (Technical).
- A good all-round understanding of quality management systems and processes.
- A sound understanding of the implementation of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). Working at Sweco you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact GB_Function-HR-Resourcing@sweco.co.uk for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
• The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
• The position title
• Requisition/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.