What will you be doing as our new Carbon and Sustainability Lead?
As our new Carbon and Sustainability Lead, you’ll lead on the development and implementation of our @One Alliance carbon strategy and support the delivery of our Carbon and Sustainability targets. You’ll build strong relationships and work closely with broader Anglian Water teams to support the implementation of their 2030 carbon route map, renewables targets and six capitals aspirations.
By creating and sharing engaging carbon and sustainability information you’ll illustrate hotspots and tipping points for future material, product and construction innovation opportunities. You’ll be responsible in taking the lead on re-invigorating our @One Alliance carbon and sustainability brand, as well as working with our teams to explore and exploit carbon reduction opportunities.
You will also take an active lead in our Whole Life Carbon in Design project that recently secured funding via Ofwats Innovation in Water Challenge. This fantastic opportunity looks to deliver the digital tools and business processes required to support the cultural & behavioural changes necessary to deliver low whole life carbon and cost solutions and ultimately ‘zero carbon emissions’ as a water industry.
- Develop and deliver our @One Alliance sustainability and carbon strategy
- Work with our @One Materials Scientist to research and develop an @One Alliance circularity strategy; ensuring ‘waste’ is seen as an asset.
- Ensure the @One Alliance are actively involved in the development and implementation of Anglian Waters Six Capitals framework and that our teams are using the tools developed.
- Work with Engineering Standards and Standard Products Team to ensure these facilitate low carbon solutions and encourage renewables as well as supporting them in challenging our supply chain as part of our Capital Carbon challenge.
- Support Anglian Waters Climate Change and Carbon Manager to develop the tools we need to ensure our designs will be climate resilient in the future.
- Develop and lead the @One Alliance sustainability champions group; a voluntary group with the aim to empower those across the Alliance to have a passionate interest in reducing carbon and embedding sustainable best practices across the organisation
- Take a lead in delivering the Ofwat Whole Life Carbon Innovation project
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
To join the team in our journey of innovation and change, you’ll have proven experience within carbon accounting and management with a clear passion for carbon reduction, sustainability and challenging the norm. Your excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills will allow you to clearly communicate the vision and provide strategy and direction to realise an outcome.
You’ll demonstrate great leadership skills with the ability to develop collaborative working relationships across the business. You’ll be confident in managing any conflict between those resisting change against the demands of @one Delivery Teams and take personal responsibility for continually improving own knowledge in emergent technologies and external networks.
If carbon reduction and sustainability is your passion and you want to join us on our journey of innovation and change, please apply today!
A collaborative alliance, driving change. Empowering us to set global benchmarks and building a better environment for our customers. We strive to:
Empower our people; Delight our Customers; Embrace digital transformation; Deliver brilliance.
To bring environmental and social prosperity to the region we serve through our commitment to Love Every Drop we:
Build trust; Do the right thing; Are always exploring
The Anglian Water @one Alliance. Seven partners, endless opportunities.