Become part of our society.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Teesside.
What does the role involve?
You will be part of a team working on a wide variety of small and large schemes including healthcare, education, leisure, retail, commercial and energy conservation. Duties are varied but include the following:
- Attending design and site meetings.
- Carrying out survey work, producing specifications and condition reports.
- Good working knowledge of relevant software packages.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- A degree in Building Services Engineering.
- A professional qualification with CIBSE or MIET (or be working towards).
- A good working knowledge of Revit, Navisworks and Clash Detection.
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- The ability to manage a variety of projects meeting varying deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills to work alongside architects and contractors to solve problems and come up with innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Up to date knowledge of the UK construction market.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). Working at Sweco you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact GB_Function-HR-Resourcing@sweco.co.uk for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
• The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
• The position title
• Requisition/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.